close menu

Apply for a UK business visa

Expand your business into the lucrative UK market

A senior employee from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland may act as the sole representative of a company in the UK.

If you intend to come to the UK as the representative of an overseas company that wants to set up a branch in the UK, you can apply for the Representative of an Overseas Business visa.


Qualifying for a Representative
of an Overseas Business visa

The application process for this visa can be complex. You will need to provide extensive documentation to show that the company you wish to represent requires a sole overseas representative.

To be considered for this visa, you must:

  • Be recruited and employed outside of the UK by an overseas company*
  • Have extensive industry-related experience and knowledge
  • Hold a senior position within the company and have full authority to make decisions on the its behalf**
  • Intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK

Depending on which passport you hold, you may need to prove your knowledge of the English language. This will usually be done by:

*The headquarters and main place of business must be outside of the UK.
**You may not be a major shareholder of this company.
***The qualification must be recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.


Family members of the Representative
of an Overseas Business visa holder

If you have family members that you would like to travel with you, they may enter the UK as your dependants.

Children are entitled to the same educational rights as British citizens and your spouse may to take up lawful employment.


Extending a Representative of an
Overseas Business visa

This visa is initially valid for three years. If your visa expires and you find that you need to stay for longer than this, you can extend you visa for up to two years.

If you have dependants who are on your current visa, they should be included on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.

After you have been in the UK for five years and have had an ongoing job with the same company, you are able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Speak to one of our visa experts, should you need to apply for a Representative of an Overseas visa for yourself or an employee.


We have some exciting news
for all our 1st Contact clients...

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International!

For the last 18 months we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. By the end of the year, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

We are open for business. We are 100% operational and will continue to provide the same level of service. Feel free to reach out to us through phone, email or social media if you'd like to get in touch.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.