close menu

Australian Working Holiday visa

Explore, live and work in Australia for a year

If you’re from one of the participating countries, the Australian Working Holiday visa allows you to come to Australia to live and work for 12 months.

You must be aged between 18 and 31 and can’t work for longer than six months for any one employer. The visa can be extended for a further 12 months should the applicant specified work in a regional area of Australia for three months.


How to qualify

You can apply for this visa if you:

  • Are aged between 18 and 31
  • Don’t have a dependent accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • Have a passport from an eligible country
  • Have saved AU $5,000 to support yourself during your stay
  • Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (Subclass 462)

The Australian Working Holiday visa is only available to applicants who satisfy the criteria above, and are from the following countries:

If you have a partner, they cannot be included on the visa application. They will have to meet the same criteria in order to be granted this visa.

Do you think you meet the criteria for a Working Holiday visa? Complete our visa assessment to see if you could be spending a year in Australia.

Australian visa assessment

Answer a few questions and we'll let you know if you're eligible to live and work in Australia. It

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.