close menu

Live and work in the UK with a Tier 2 employer sponsored visa

You could qualify for a visa allowing you to work in the UK

The Tier 2 (General) visa is available to skilled applicants who have the sponsorship of a UK employer. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will apply the points-based system to determine whether you’re a suitable applicant.


Qualify for an employer-sponsored visa

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:

  • You have a job offer for a skilled position in the UK and have been issued a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

To be eligible for this visa, you need to have an offer of skilled employment from a licensed sponsoring employer within the UK. You will also need to prove your qualifications and experience, as related to the role on offer. Your employer must show that the role cannot be filled by a suitably qualified resident worker.

Tier 2 visa application services

Full service

We will guide and support you in applying for both the sponsor license and your certificate of sponsorship. This includes advice and guidance on the advertising requirements, as well as representation in the Tier 2 visa application.

Entry-clearance service

Advice and representation in the Tier 2 visa application.

Skills in demand in the UK

The UK Shortage Occupations List (SOL) details the professions that are in high demand in the UK. Employers looking to fill positions in these industries are not first required to advertise the position locally, making it easier for them to hire international applicants.

If you are a skilled worker in one of these professions, it will likely be easier for you to obtain a Tier 2 (General) visa on the points-based system.

Professions currently experiencing the greatest skills shortage in the UK include engineering, healthcare and arts and entertainment.

Application steps for a Tier 2 (General) visa

There are three main steps involved in lodging an application for a Tier 2 visa.

Step 1: Sponsorship licence

The first stage is undertaken by the employer. We can assist your employer with applying directly to UKVI for a sponsorship.

Step 2: Certificate of sponsorship

We can assist your employer with applying for a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) for the position they would like a non-resident worker to fill. Once a CoS is assigned, you may apply for your visa.

Step 3: Apply

We can assist the visa applicant to prepare and submit a visa application using their unique CoS number and proof that they meet the Tier 2 visa requirements.


UK visa assessment

Answer a few questions and we'll let you know if you're eligible to live and work in the UK. It takes less than five minutes and it's free of charge or obligation.

News for all our 1st Contact clients

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International.

For the last year we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. In 2021, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.